Friday, January 27, 2012

Do you believe the raw food diet is the healthiest diet?

I have been doing a lot of research and I do believe the raw food diet is the healthiest diet. I have decided to just stick with the raw food diet. I mean, I still want to do a lot of juicing, but not exclusively. I want to include whole raw fruits and vegetables in my diet as well. I think this diet is the original diet of humans before we became corrupt and started eating the corpses of other beings (gross!).Do you believe the raw food diet is the healthiest diet?
I have done some research into the raw food diet before answering your question and yes it sounds like a healthy diet.

It also recommends this diet for people who:

Want the easiest way to remove fat from diet

Want the easiest way to lose weight

Have an eating disorder



If you want to live off a raw food diet then go ahead, eat what you like, I really don't care.



But you say that that fruit and veg is the original diet of humans. You are wrong and as I unlike you are able to quote my sources, here it is



In scientific circles it was always assumed that the first people ate meat, says paleontologist John de Vos from the Naturalis museum in Leiden, the Netherlands. But two years ago, sound scientific evidence for this claim was found.

In fossil remains of the Australopithecus Africanus, the predecessor of man, researchers found carbon compounds that relate directly to meat consumption. This puts an end to all the stories that prehistoric man lived off fruits and vegetables.

Eating meat is a natural condition of man. The first human tools were knives to scrape the meat off bones. 'That doesn't surprise me at all, says De Vos. 'We know that apes, such as chimpanzees also eat meat on occasion.' Neanderthal man, one of the prehistoric men that didn't survive, had a diet that consisted almost exclusively of meat.



http://www.animalfreedom.org/english/col鈥?/a>



And btw calling people sheep is not very accurate and doesn't pass as insulting, as I have sheep and and obviously know a lot more about them than you do about them.



As you seem to upset the vegan community on here more than anyone else I actually believe now that you are not a vegan and are deliberately asking these questions for entertainment value only. You enjoy upsetting vegans with your questions and know that they will also bring the meateaters in as well hoping to cause even more discord between the two. You prove this by the content of your questions.Do you believe the raw food diet is the healthiest diet?
Do you realise that because you are seriously mistreating your digestive tract you risk severe problems in later life?



Perhaps you would care to list your sources for this research you have been doing, rather than make blase statements.
I really don't fully agree, but this is really interesting. In some ways it makes a lot of sense, but in some ways it does not. Yes, it is probably healthier in that it is not genetically modified, added to or depleted. This diet does not have strange additive and man created poisonous altercations. My concern with this diet is that people used to not live for so long and got ill more easily and one factor was malnutrition. There are many diseases from vitamin and mineral deficiencies. In general a nice balanced diet is healthy. It is really important to be cautious of what you consume and not blindly put the fork to your mouth. Awareness is not bliss when it come to healthy eating because we realize how limited our options really are.Do you believe the raw food diet is the healthiest diet?
We believe whatever we are told?



Why don't we believe you then?



Perhaps its because we have minds of our own.





You only have the bottle to say the most stupid and inane things when you can hide behind the anonimity of these pages.



Why don't you phuque off and only come back when you have something sensible to say.
Yes it can be very healthful if you have a good digestion...Do you believe the raw food diet is the healthiest diet?
no. ashly, we are meant to be OMNIVORS, not carnivors or herbavors. we have canines for tearing juicy meat and molars for crushing plants. do what you want, as long as you stop spreading lies like "we were never meant to eat meat", cause we were.
A diet is only as healthy as you make it.
I know I'll get the exact details wrong here but I do believe the very first corruption of man (if you believe in the bible) involved a large, red, juicy....



apple? Or was it a steak? Nope, pretty sure it was an apple. That would be a particularly vegan corruption wouldn't it. Would love to hear how Ashley would twist that little factoid around.



Would probably go something along the lines of "woman trying to show man the path to veganism".
speaking of sheep a raw food diet is an excellent diet for sheep or cows or horses........etc but as a human at the top of the food chain I find meat a necessary and enjoyable part of my diet, but thanks for your concern
I agree . . .and that's why I love Steak Tartar with capers and onions on rusks and a good red wine.
If that was the case, then why did the 'original' man as you call it, drive herds of buffalo, and mammoth off cliffs to kill and slaughter them, then take their skins for clothing, and use the meat to dry it and eat it? Seeing as how we were all vegetarian as you put it. I think history will prove you wrong again Ashley.

I'm glad I can make you laugh, beacause I laugh everyday at your insane rantings.
Ashley, do the world a favour and binge out on a diet of raw green potatoes, raw aubergine, raw kidney beans, raw tapioca root and raw rhubarb.



Let us all know how you get on.



(Actually, just in case you really ARE the retard you appear, instead of just a silly little girl trying to wind everyone up, DO NOT eat the above raw - they all contain toxins and / or anti-nutritional compounds, which is why man evolved cooking as a means of preparing safe foods. But I'm sure you're the expert on that too)
Oh-no... the blind leading the blind? That could be dangerous. I hope we can stay out of traffic. Moving cars can be hazardous to your health.
Some foods need to be cooked to increase the bioavailability of the nutrients.



Overcooking can destroy nutrients. You need to learn to cook things to maximize their nutrient value.



I don't think that raw foods are going to do you a lot of harm - but neither is properly cooking your food. Humans have been cooking their food since the discovery of fire!



I'm a vegetarian - I cook a lot. I make most things from scratch and don't eat processed foods. I think this approach is healthy and probably as healthy as eating raw foods.



Good luck to you!
I'm not sure if you are correct, but my guess is you might be. I eat meat (mostly turkey, salmon, and shrimp), but I respect your views on this matter. I think you just need to make sure you are getting enough protein. I wouldn't subject any children to this diet without thoroughly checking with a doctor and nutrition expert, though. They may need milk and milk products, or other foods that you may not want to consume.
Your thinking is flawed here. The only reason man ever ate raw meat was that they did not know any better. By that i mean neanderthal man.
Who cares?? If you want to eat raw food then go ahead... again, just another rant.



I'm a vegan but I can fully appreciate the fact that if our ancestors didn't hunt for meat our brains wouldn't have evolved and we would be extinct by now. Luckily we don't have to do that now and some of us can reason the negative effects of eating meat but that's no reason to call our ancestors 'corrupt'. Jesus, you're so bloody ignorant.



Go and eat raw vegetables, go and live on juices, go and eat mud for all I care.



Why must you come on here and preach your lifestyle to everyone?? No one cares!
From all the books, online resources and people with personal testimonies praising the raw vegan food diet, I also agree it has to be the healthiest! I am not currently raw, but want to be in the near future!
It's true that raw fruits and vegetables have more vitamins. We started cooking foods for a reason though. Raw vegetables are not as easily digested. Cooking actually help release some of the vitamins and make it accesible. I'm not sure which gives more vitamins to the body. I think for some nutrients, it's a net increase, while others it's a lost when cooked. The other reason we cook food , is to kill pathogens. It's even worse, now with factory farming. One contaminated lettuce can contaminate an entire lot of lettuce. By the way, how are you going to get proteins. I guess nuts, but try eatting a raw bean. Even shuckies aren't that pallatable raw. I guess you can eat spouts. If your a vegetarian, You shouldn't worry about maximizing your vitamins. In some coutries, they do compromise. They would put the vegetable in a boiling water for a quick dip. It would kill the bacterias on the surface, while the inside would be still raw. I strongly suggest you do this for green onions.
OK, whatever Ashley.



Seriously, come back when you've actually done something you keep saying you'll do for a month and have some real experiences to share. Your failure to progress as a "whatever you want to call yourself" is really really really boooooorrrriiiinnnngggggg.



At minimum, do some research and come up with something newly offending and somewhat interesting to post, cos while flatulence, milking bulls %26amp; picking corn out of your poo was funny for a while, now it's boooooooorrrriiiinnnnngggggggg.



BTW, punctuating your all your sentences with, gross, immoral, moron, corrupt, hatemonger, murder, racists etc... and PETA "shock tactics", doesn't work anymore. It's called desensitization.



BOOOOO, boring.



Added: Still bbbooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg鈥?Well, I don't see anyone following the Ashley sheep.... BOOOOO, oh I meant BAAAAAAAaaaaa
no.
I think we should all have a bit of everything in our diet, in proportion obviously. Eat lots of fruit %26amp; veg, drink plenty water, and always have a breakfast are things I try to live by. Your main meal of the day should comprise of veg, protein %26amp; carbohydrates - you should probabaly have more veg %26amp; protein than carbs though.

All these diet fads are ridiculous in my opinion, yes they might help you loose weight really quickly, but it damages your body in the long run and to loose weight so quickly is just not sustainable. Which I think sucks, especially when you've got a tub of ben%26amp;jerrys in the freezer!
you mean like eating raw meat? sometimes that's bad for your stomache, it could make you throw up a lot if you're not used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment