Friday, January 27, 2012

How do I start a Raw Food Diet?

I wanted to eat just fruits and veggies maybe yogurt as well but I need a little more research into it. What is a Raw food diet? Do I need to take a vitamin or something?



Can I make Fruit Smoothies using fruit and ice?How do I start a Raw Food Diet?
raw food is basically anything that's not cooked, grilled, baked, etc.

it can't have any oil in it, and it's actually very good, because most raw foods have very few or no fat at all, and low calories, as well as vitamins ..

yes, you can make fruit smoothies .. you actually have plenty of options, and it's a great way to lose weight. Best of luck.How do I start a Raw Food Diet?
We call food raw if it is:

鈥?Uncooked - never heated above 42 C/118 F degrees.

鈥?Unprocessed - as fresh (and wild) as possible.

鈥?Organic - no irradiation, preservatives, pesticides.



To start Raw Food Diet, eat mostly fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts and super foods. I love vegetable juices and smoothies. To make things easy and quick, I juice and blend a lot. Fruit and ice for smoothies is ok, so you could enjoy them more.



Adding a little bit of cooked food to a raw food diet doesn't work well, because acid is then produced in the stomach, and it is bad for raw food. Acid and raw food tend to create indigestion. However, they can be separated by eating raw food in the mornings and then cooked food later. Start with raw fruit first, then later raw vegetables, and then later cooked food.



Fruits and vegetables digest through different processes when raw. Eat fruit in the morning and vegetables later.



Vitamins that you should take :

vitamin B - but no more than 20 mg/day.

Vitamin D, copper and zinc - but take only small quantities.

Other multivitamins are optional. But these above are required more because plant material is very low in these minerals compared to meat.



Hope that help. Good Luck :)How do I start a Raw Food Diet?
You need some carbohydrates or those fruits and vegetables are going to be rough on your GI tract. A multivitamin is always a good thing to take, regardless of dieting.



Try a slice of bread with your fruits, veggies, and yogurt. :)How do I start a Raw Food Diet?
The Raw food diet is a great way to gain optimum health. It gives your body the energy it needs and elevates mood. The best way to start a raw food diet is to learn all you can about it. Most people transition into this way of eating slowly so they don't fall backwards. It depends on where you are starting from. If you eat processed foods, meats, dairy, eggs, caffeine, food like this, then I suggest you begin by taking out all processed foods, sugar, gluten and dairy. then once you have been able to take those out of your diet, start decreasing your consumption of meat and eggs. Even if you take out one animal at a time or restrict your meat consumption to twice a week. Be gentle on yourself and don't punish yourself if you slip up. If you already have these foods out of your diet, then start experimenting with raw food recipes. When I started, I tried recipes that reminded me of cooked food, like zucchini spaghetti. It was so fun trying new ways of making food that I was absolutely amazed at how delicious the food was. I also started drinking smoothies in the morning, and eventually green drinks. Make sure you are getting lots of greens in your smoothies/juice, and start off with more fruit at first before you get used to the taste. ( I found that over time my taste became more sensitive, and I didn't need as much fruit because I could taste the sweetness of the vegetables.) Make sure you get a variety of fruits and vegetables, nuts, and seeds, making smoothies and juice ensures you are getting alot of nutrients into your system and it's easier for your body to digest. I sometimes feel tempted by cravings but I like to immerse myself in positive information about the raw food diet, people who are living this way and keeping my house stocked with fresh produce. Check out some of the links below for a headstart on your raw food education and some motivation. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment