Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When doing the raw food diet is working out necessary?

I am starting a raw food diet and while I know that exercise is always good to add on I have NO time to do it in my day! Its really horrible. My question is, while the calories I am taking in are from healthy superfoods, veggies etc, the amount is huge right? So my question is if I don't exercise while on a raw food diet will I still lose weight?When doing the raw food diet is working out necessary?
If you have enough time to browse Yahoo! Answers, then you have enough time to exercise. I'm sick and tired of people complaining that they have no time. At one point in my life, I was exercising 17 times a week. I ate 6 large meals a day, all of them homemade. I was also a full-time college student working 30-60 hours per week! I made time because it was important to me.



So, if you like the idea of being weak as a kitten and flabby as hell, then try to lose weight with diet alone.When doing the raw food diet is working out necessary?
A calorie is a calorie. It doesn't matter if that calorie comes from a big mac, or a plate full of green and yellow veggies.



It's not so much what you eat, but the when, and how much you eat.



Calories are a measurement of energy. Your metabolism is the accountant for this energy. Calories are NOT a measurement of food - or fat. If you consume more energy then you require or burn, your metabolism will store the rest as body fat.



If you don't consume enough calories (overdraw), your body will "withdraws" from body fat. However, your metabolism adapts to your routine. So if you do this often, your metabolism will see that you need more reserves of energy (body fat), and will slow down, and reduce energy demands any way it can to conserve.



Bottom line: not enough calories enough holds on to stored fat. Too many calories get stored as body fat.



You also need nutrients. Vitamins and minerals, proteins, carbs and fats. Fruits and Veggies are ALL carbs.



So before going on ANY silly diet, you need to get an idea of how many calories you truly need. ONLY you can figure this out. It's based on you, your activity level, your body type, and your basal metabolic rate. Simple find this out - subtract a reasonable number (such as 250-500 calories), and live as you normally would. Slight reductions allow your metabolism to continue the slow withdrawl process. Steep decreases put a 'hold' on bodyfat.When doing the raw food diet is working out necessary?
Any drastic change to your diet will ultimate end in some weight lose/gain. I do think that on this diet you could lose some weight. Lemme find you a website. I apologize if you already know this stuff:



"Critics of the raw food diet say while it鈥檚 true that some enzymes are inactivated when food is heated, it doesn鈥檛 matter because the body uses its own enzymes for digestion. In addition, cooking makes certain phytochemicals easier to absorb, such as beta-carotene in carrots."



So, I think what this paragraph means is that since you're not cooking your food, your body finds it hard to absorb it and, therefore, you won't gain weight from it.. I hope that's what it means. u.u



"Another critique is that the human body has changed in response to eating cooked foods. Some of these changes are that are jaws and teeth have become smaller, our stomachs have shrunk, and our small intestines have grown longer, lengthening the digestive surface area."



A smaller stomach = small capacity, of course. So, you would be taking in less and less food and, thus, less calories (depending on what you eat). Of course, your body will get to a point where you'll plateau. This is when exercise needs to come in.



You will lose some weight by staying on this diet, but it is good to try and fit exercise in. Can you exercise the second you wake up? I usually have a busy schedule towards noon, so I try to get in my exercise before my activities pop up. How about jogging in place while you wait for something to download, or walk around your flat and house for a few minutes. Every little bit counts. ^_^



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment