Monday, January 30, 2012

Is it ok to feed a puppy raw dog food?

I asked a friend about dog food for my new puppy and they suggested Bravo Raw food. Is this good for a maltese puppy? Is this better for a puppy than other brands, like Canidae or Innova?Is it ok to feed a puppy raw dog food?
Raw is fantastic if you do it properly! :)



Here is a great resource:

http://www.basaltcanyonkennels.com/Basal鈥?/a>Is it ok to feed a puppy raw dog food?
First you need to research and decide that you are comfortable feeding raw. If you are comfortable with that type of diet then yes you can start a puppy on it. My now five year old was weaned to raw by the breeder and when I picked her up at 8 weeks she was eating chicken necks.
I think a raw diet is great, but I wouldn't feed that to a puppy and I'd want to feed it fresh food, balanced diet. Here's a good site for that:

http://www.rawdogranch.com

When you think about it, a wolf cub in the wild does not eat the meat until it's a bit older. The mother regurgitates the food she eats and the cub eats that. Also, in the wild, dogs eat rotting carcasses as well as fresh kill, and all kinds of garbage. Only the strong survive.Is it ok to feed a puppy raw dog food?
I think your dog would get about the same nutrition from a good quality dry dog food.



I am a raw feeder but I would not use Bravo Raw food.
ya raw dog food i think would be fineIs it ok to feed a puppy raw dog food?
It's completely fine to start your puppy on raw - in fact, it's much easier to raise a pup on raw then to switch him over as an adult. I have raised my Dogue De Bordeaux on raw (I belong to a co-op and purchase a variety of RMB's (raw meaty bones- beef, chicken, ostrich, buffalo, etc) balance that with organ meat, a small amount of fruits and veggies, yogurt, fish once a week and the occasional egg in the shell. Dogs systems are not meant to process cooked food. I also switched my 6 year old dog to raw feeding and she has never looked better (she was very allergy ridden for years on super premium kibbles including wellness, evo, canidae).

If you'd like to read a little more about getting started on raw feeding you can look here: http://www.dogguide.net/raw-diet-basics.鈥?/a>

Good Luck!
chuck the puppy a big jucicey kanga leg. That should last a few days.
Raw food is good, but if you're going to go raw, you should do it all the way- fresh, whole, raw meats, not raw meat processed into dog food. Any dog of any age can eat raw.



http://www.rawdogranch.com/rawdietbasics鈥?/a>
I would ask a vet. call the vet's office and ask one of his tech's. which food the vet promotes.
Raw food can lead to "food poisoning", and are not well balanced for your pets requirements.
In my opinion, nothing is better than Canidae or Wellness.
  • tangled dvd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment