Sunday, February 26, 2012

Any advide re a raw food plan? What to expect? How to go about it? ?

Just to get me started.

I can't even make yogurt.

I don't have a dehydrator or anything like that.

I do have sprouting equipment.

I want to give it a go and see if it works for me.

My goals are to eat more healthily and gain more energy.

I don't have a lot of access to organic veg.

I am a complete newbie so I would appreciate help from first principals.Any advide re a raw food plan? What to expect? How to go about it? ?
if you are looking at changing your eating habit the raw food diet is one of the worst thing you can do.

we are omnivores this means that we have a varied diet. some of the nutrient contained in meat for example can not be digested unless they are cooked. i would suggest that if you are looking for a fitter and healthier life style, you may want to look ate the paleo diet.

it's easy to follow, very close to our ancestral diet.

and believe me it works, i lost 6 st in 6 month on that basis.

i am also a professional chef that works for 2 weight loss camps so i do know what i am talking aboutAny advide re a raw food plan? What to expect? How to go about it? ?
If you start on a raw food diet, then chances are you won't have more energy, you'll have a lot less. It takes an awful lot of time, preparation a knowledge to get all the nutrients and calories you'll be needing from a raw food diet, simply cos there's so much you simply can't eat, and of course, popping vitamin pills and supplements would kinda defeat the object of it all.



my advice would be to either go vegetarian (if you're not) or vegan (if you're veggie but still think you're not eating healthily) I'd definitely cook everythign from scratch, no ready meals, no ready made sausages or fake meat, just load up your trolley with fresh veg and stuff and cook some really good things. and good luck!Any advide re a raw food plan? What to expect? How to go about it? ?
I think you will lose out on energy because of the stress of so minutely controlling your diet. Have a plan but keep it flexible. Don't make hard and fast rules that you will feel guilty about if you break them. Guilt is a killer! Just do what you can with what you can and see how it goes. You have not signed a contract - the food police are not going to take you away in the middle of the night! I hope you get where I am coming from as I mean no harm. If this way of eating suits you, you will learn as you go along. Also take time to consider how this will impact on your social life and your friends. It is a huge undertaking and don't underestimate it.Any advide re a raw food plan? What to expect? How to go about it? ?
Congrats on your excellent goal of eating raw food. Firstly start slow - perhaps 50 raw 50 cooked and gradually go to higher percent raw. There are plenty of sites for raw food recipes. Do smoothies, grow your sprouts, make pates from the sprouts and put on veggies, juice greens and all this will reduce your desire for cooked food. You don't need any fancy equipement for sprouting_sprout bags and/or jars are good. Ensure that you eat the sprouts with just the little bud before it starts to turn into a plant. Dehydrating can be substituted with low oven temps - I never did that cause i have a dehydrator. Find those foods that your mind and body agree with. For example, coconuts and avocados agree with me very much. Slow changes are the most long lasting. Good luck!
  • little ceasars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment