Monday, February 20, 2012

How do I start on a raw food diet?

I tried it out before and went cold turkey and only lasted two days. and I always felt hungry. I guess I wasn't eating the right foods? I've been vegetarian for four years now...

anyways, suggestions are welcome!How do I start on a raw food diet?
Give yourself time....even if you can not stick with it right away and fall off the wagon keep on trying.Start breakfast with a big fruit salad or a green smoothie-blend greens like spinach or kale and add some berries, banana,mango or whatever you feel like in a blender and enjoy.A blender might be a good tool to start with because you can make a lot of dressings,pates,desserts,smoothies and sauces in it.for lunch you could have a colourful salad with all the raw veggies you like, you could even add some fruit or nuts.Eat a lot of fruit and veggies and some healthy fats like avocados or nuts...if you are hungry eat more fruit and veggies.there are tons of recipies online you can look up and there are forums that support you in your journey.Have fun and take it easy...How do I start on a raw food diet?
The cold turkey may have been your problem. It's best to eat about 50/50 first and then gradually increase it to more raw then not. Check out the video at the link below...it may help you out a bit. It has a few instead of's instead of certain foods you normally eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment