Monday, February 20, 2012

I have a question about raw food for a dog?

if i fed my shep/rot mix raw food like chicken or turkey, how likely is it for him to choke on the bone?

also what would i feed my toy poodle if i only fed her a raw diet? since a chicken leg is way too big.

thanks in advance!I have a question about raw food for a dog?
I had a ddb with a very sensitive stomach and prey model raw finally cured it. I also have a15 lb terrier who does very well with the raw. Start the smaller one on split chicken breast pieces and the larger on legs, etc... I have never actually heard of a raw eater choking, so I don't think it happens that often. Make sure the meat you get is not enhanced (less than 85 mgs of sodium more or less). Chicken and turkey often have basting juices injected which have lots of sodium so make sure you read the packaging. Join the raw feeding yahoo group- lots of good advice from people who have been doing it a long time.I have a question about raw food for a dog?
Unlikely. It is cooked bones that splinter.



Google BARF for the poodle. ( raw food)I have a question about raw food for a dog?
Boneless is fine. Realize a wolf in the wild eats raw meat all the time and is fine. It's actually healthy.I have a question about raw food for a dog?
It is very unlikely that your dogs will choke on a raw bone, but cooked bones will splinter and should be avoided. And how about feeding your toy poodle a chicken thigh or drumstick by itself. But there are websites that will tell you how much raw food you should feed according to the dog's weight. I feed both raw and dry dog food but know dog owners who have wonderful results feeding strictly raw food.

No comments:

Post a Comment