Sunday, February 26, 2012

I"m interested in switching my puppy to the BARF diet and raw food. What do I need to know?

I remember reading about it at another site and they said their dogs are in great health. Many of the breeders and people with show dogs on the site were big advocated of this type of feeding. I'd like to know more.Thanks!I"m interested in switching my puppy to the BARF diet and raw food. What do I need to know?
Using quality food is a good point. Use appropriate sized food - a turkey leg is too much for a toy pup.

Read and learn - there is a lot of information out there. I have fed a variety of foods and the dogs love it. Raw chicken - yes they can eat chicken. Don't give them COOKED poultry - the bones splinter. RAW they can eat. Be careful with wings in large breeds.

It takes more effort but is worth it.I"m interested in switching my puppy to the BARF diet and raw food. What do I need to know?
http://www.barfworld.com/ This site will give you all the info you need. Personally, I don't have time to give my pom pup this diet so I just give him a high end dog food (Science Diet) and that seems to work great for him. Good luck! :)
check out

www.spoiled-rotten-pets.com

They have great info about feeding your dogs.

The lady who designed the site feeds BARF.

It is a great fiet but takes some work to do but the dogs look great and seem to really like it.I"m interested in switching my puppy to the BARF diet and raw food. What do I need to know?
that's just a fancy pet diet for fanatic pet owners. I worked in the pet business for many years and the best pet food is dry and the main ingredients should start with Lamb Meal, or Chicken Meal, or Beef meal. This is meat that is removed from the animal, allowed to dry and then is weighed into the bag. If the main ingredient in pet food is corn or by-products then your feeding your dog junk. Pet store brand pet food such as Nutro, or Iams, Natures Choice are the best brands. Grocery store bought foods such as Purina, etc., have poor quality ingredients because all there money is spent on advertising not on the product itself.
Here are a few pro-BARF websites. I am not a BARF fan, wild canines are omnivores and can and do digest things other than meat (unlike cats, who are pure carnivores). Wild dogs do not live as long as domestic dogs, even in the face of abundance, and discounting accidental death. But the BARF diet has many good points, but requires much dedication on the part of the owner.I"m interested in switching my puppy to the BARF diet and raw food. What do I need to know?
Yahoo has a few groups devoted to the barf diet and the teaching of it. You might join one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment