Sunday, February 26, 2012

Should I put my Dog on the raw food Diet?

We have an English Mastiff who is 11 mo old. My husband is 100% up for it. Will it positivlvy benefit our pup?Should I put my Dog on the raw food Diet?
Before making a decision to do raw, you need to do a LOT of research! There are several ways you can go, from total raw, to a percentage, to make your own, to store bought/pre-packaged raw.



I would worry about putting a large breed puppy on it, however. I have a 10 month old that we switched to raw, and he got pano. We switched him back, and he's been fine. We might try switching him again when he's older.



It takes committment, and it takes education on the topic. You have to make sure that your dog's diet is TOTALLY balanced!Should I put my Dog on the raw food Diet?
Yes it will. Don't worry overmuch about a balanced diet - give him a good variety - balanced doesn't mean ever meal, it means overall. Do a search on Google for BARF diet and you'll get plenty of information. I believe there is also a raw-food Yahoo group too. It will be far better for him than feeding him 100% processed food, which is what any commercial diet is.
i think it would be healthy for your dog...as long as you also give him the specific vitamins he needs which are contained in packaged foods....but be careful with choosing where you get your raw meat from as the meat we eat isnt so good for dogs...we have had a dog die from too much "chemical" in supossedly raw meat!!!!Should I put my Dog on the raw food Diet?
Most vets are 100% against it. Remember, your dog is no longer a wolf, and that diet causes many problems from bacterial infections, diarrhea that turns to blood, and the rest of it. (Talk to your vet... it's too long to discuss here) I don't know how familiar you are with dogs, how many you have had, but from my experiences --- 40 years!!!--- it is far more trouble than it is worth. I have had dogs all my life, and thoroughly looked into that when it became a faddy thing to do.... Nope, don't want the problems.



All my dogs have lived long, healthy, happy lives with shining coats, and boundless energy.... What else is there????
I have been using the raw food diet with my dog since we got him as a puppy. Our breeder was into everything holistic, so we went with it as our last dog died young on a kibble diet. He is now four and is doing great. He loves his food, is a great weight, and looks good. He is also active and healthy. There are some really easy ways to feed raw food too. You can buy it frozen in a pet store and all you have to do is unfreeze it and serve it.Should I put my Dog on the raw food Diet?
RIN TIN TIN website has wonderful frowzen raw food..





it will positively benefit your DOG

No comments:

Post a Comment