Thursday, February 23, 2012

Are you on or have you tried a raw food diet?

When I say diet I mean lifestyle not weight loss programme. If so, does that mean cooked food is off the menu completely?Are you on or have you tried a raw food diet?
I'm working towards it... I just want to see if it makes me healthier and a better athlete. I've been vegan for almost a year and that's worked wonders. And yes, from what I've read cooked food is off the menu.Are you on or have you tried a raw food diet?
Eating raw vegan does indeed mean cooked food is entirely off the menu. This being the case, it is not uncommon for us to make our lunches when we go out to eat. I usually dont warm anything except water. When I warm it, it is only to take the chill out when it is very cold. Sometimes eating raw can be a challenge and so planning ahead is very important. Also preparing some "emergency" food is also helpful in the event that something happens and you are unable to prepare food as you normally would. I eat about 7 times a day (to gain more weight) and so it is common for me to have a nice lunchbox nearby to supply meals.
Well maybe not completely, because even if I commit to a raw food diet, I will eat cooked food once in a while.





Cooked meat once in a while is healthy if your vegan. The truth is that humans DO need meat, its just we need very little amounts of it. The majority of our diet should be fruits and vegetables.





If you want more proof, just ask our ape relatives who eat a mostly vegan diet. Chimpanzees will only eat meat on occasion but mostly they eat fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds.



The monkey diet IS the paleo diet.Are you on or have you tried a raw food diet?
Look into Paavo Airola. He has many recipes as well as how to live on a mostly raw diet. He recommends naturally fermented foods like pickles and sauerkraut that aren't made with vinegar. Some foods, like beets, he says you can eat canned, which is cooked, because they lose so little nutrients in the canning/cooking process. And of course there are foods you aren't supposed to eat raw.
warmed (under 120F) is OK. Anything over denatures the protein and is considered dead and not raw.



I don't recommend it. Some vitamins are made more bioavailable if you cook food. Definitely eat a lot of raw food, but don't make it 100% of your diet.Are you on or have you tried a raw food diet?
I've tried, didn't last too long though. I like pasta too much :(

What I'm doing now is called the Hallelujah diet (lifestyle). It's a vegan eating style consisting of 75% raw foods, and 25% cooked foods. So I do eat cooked foods, but raw foods make up the largest part of my diet.
I eat most of my veggies (which I eat a LOT of) and various other foods raw, but I don't think extremes of anything is optimal. Not sure why people feel the need to commit to artificial labels.
I've read the 80-10-10 book and couldn't put it down:



http://www.vegsource.com/articles2/811di鈥?/a>



The books makes so much sense, and I'm hoping to change my diet over.
nope .. i want to though
want to

No comments:

Post a Comment