Sunday, February 26, 2012

Raw food diet for dogs question: Can dogs eat this?

Deer necks (meaty) my dogs are power chewers but I don't know if deer necks are "break bones" and if I'd need to remove the bones after they eat the meat?



Also can they eat beef gullet? Is that a good choice to buy?



Thank you in advance for the help.Raw food diet for dogs question: Can dogs eat this?
Uncooked bones are considered safe, at least by those who tout raw diets. Uncooked bones (including bird bones) don't splinter and provide calcium for the dog.Raw food diet for dogs question: Can dogs eat this?
The necks are fine.

I personally would not feed beef gullet that is commercially produced (aka CAFO produced) to my dogs. Study after study has shown that corn-fed cattle are teaming with e-coli - far more than cows on a natural grass diet. Yes, dogs can handle things like e-coli, but in my mind that is simply tempting fate just a little too much. (I try to stay away from commercially produced ground beef as well.) If it's coming from grass-fed cattle, by all means, have at it.

Just my opinion.
I understand that as a rule any meat from an animal with hooves is considered safe. Meat as well as bones and gullet. You have to be careful to not give too much organ meat though. Chicken and eggs are okay, but no bones from chicken according to aspca.orgRaw food diet for dogs question: Can dogs eat this?
No clue on deer necks but beef gullet is fine if your dogs will eat it. Best bet, small package first so you don't end up with several pounds of something they won't eat.



I would try the deer necks but supervise and see how they do.
I feed necks and tails without any issues.



What I do stay away from is the dense weight bearing bones such as thigh and knuckle bones.



My staffords cope well with lamb shanks and pork hocks but I would never give them any beef leg bones.Raw food diet for dogs question: Can dogs eat this?
no cooked bones!!! do remove the bones, and i wouldnt advise feeding ur dog this meat at all!!!!!! just feed your dog normall dog food. no raw meet it can contain perasites and can hurt your dogs!!!!!im sorry but a bad idea!!!!



thegirlinthepinkballetshoes
I would say not to risk it.....don't give them meat with bones....don't risk it......
meet
  • things to do in san francisco
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment